How tiny is tiny?
These teddies are 8 cm from head to toe, 11 cm including the hat, when crocheted with DK weight alpaca and wool blend [50 g = 100 m] and a 2,50 mm hook.
You can use the same pattern to make larger or smaller toys by using finer or bulkier yarn. Pick a crochet hook at least a size smaller than suggested on yarn label and crochet tightly enough to achieve a tight gauge that will not allow the stuffing to show through the fabric.
You will need:
- Yarn. You will need about 15 g of yarn for the body, 5 g for the hat and a couple of grams for the muzzle.
- 2,50 – 3,00 mm crochet hook or according to the yarn.
- Polyester fiberfill, wool, wadding etc. for stuffing.
- 8 mm safety eyes or buttons, beads, felt etc.
- Cotton embroidery floss.
- Yarn needle, scissors, stitch marker.
- Ribbon, matching thread, and
Get the free pattern here: Tiny Teddy Bear amigurumi pattern
Have you made one of these teddies yet? Tell us about it in our Facebook group: Amigurumi South Africa